Hadar Performs Ed Sheeran Shape of You Emphasizing Middle Eastern Roots
As part of a growing series of acoustic performances on her YouTube channel, rising pop star Hadar has been paying tribute to her favorite artists. The series was kicked off with an emotional cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’, following a take on Bruno Mars’ ‘That’s What I Like’ and Janet Jackson’s classic hit ‘Pleasure Principle’.
Hadar, who was born and raised in Israel, decided to bring a touch of her Middle-Eastern roots in the next online performance. She showcased Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You”, accompanied by an acoustic guitar alongside a Goblet drum (also known as Darbuka), which is commonly used in her home country, bringing her own authentic flavor to the song.
Hadar is an Israeli Singer-Songwriter currently based in the United States. She demonstrated support of the LGBTQ community earlier in 2017, by releasing a single for non-profit organization History Unerased. She releases her solo EP titled ‘Simple Complex’ this year. To learn more about her, visit thisishadar.com or follow @thisishadar on social media.
June 15, 2017 / / 0
- Pop Artist Hadar’s Debut EP an Homage to Personal Struggle and Courage
- Hadar In The Jewish Exponent
- Hadar Covers Heart’s Classic Hit Barracuda In New Music Video
- Acclaimed Israeli Pop Star Hadar to Appear in Support of LGBTQ Awareness at Outfest Philadelphia
- Rising Israeli Pop Artist Hadar Honors Michael Jackson On The Anniversary of His Death